EAR WE ARE
Sounds of the Wild, Unheard-of Music, Eartoys
24 hours a day, Phaune Radio invites you to explore animality and its worlds of sounds, to travel ever closer to wild and imaginary biotopes: Oblique music, horizontal sounds, sequined and feathered mixes, science & soundjacking, original foundtracks, tiny tunes, augmented radio, emerging species & voices, eartoys, time stretching…
Here is a cabinet of sound curiosities, ever moving, to discover the vitality of international radio creation, to dive into and indulge in natural and supernatural sounds. Make way for nature’s cheeky creativity, magnified by the phauna hook that turns every hour, every minute, every second into a given instinct, received and shared – in a burst of laugh, from deep within our guts.
si on veut pas les memes triblocs que sur la home pour eviter la confusion, use another block type with a baseline for example
The Core Team
As a natural extension of the 7 Nuits de la Phaune, imagined from 2008 in Marseilles by Floriane Pochon and Amélie Agut with Tony Regnauld, Phaune Radio was born in September 2013, headed by the non-profit organization Freq-Out.
On a daily basis, Floriane Pochon and Stéphane Jourdan take care of the hairy creature with Clément Baudet, Laurie Guétat, Caroline Polle.
Phaune Radio also feeds on precious sounds & skills from its worldwide mates: Alain Damasio, Félix Blume, Christophe Rault, Etienne Noiseau, Jean Poinsignon, Cheryl Tipp, Marc Namblard, Rodolphe Alexis, Nicolas Perret, Cédric Anglaret, Connor Walsh, Sarah Boothroyd, Yannick Dauby, Peter Cusack, the Fair_Play Network and many others…
And so ?
With its modest ecosystem, Phaune Radio embodies our ideal radio: collective and connected, ever-moving, in line with uses and needs for an active listening. Because in this “oddigital” era, playing with all the potential of these tools is to assert again the chance to sound real values: freedom, sharing, imagination and beyond, a form of vitality that is nothing without its the power to change things.
- Sublime Frequencies • A collective of explorers dedicated to acquiring and exposing obscure sights and sounds from modern and traditional, urban and rural frontiers
- Subrosa • Directed by Guy Marc Hinant and Frédéric Walheer, the label has released over 250 titles related to 20th avant-garde figures
- Free Music Archive • « It’s not just free music; it’s good music »
- Resonance FM • An archive of the new, the forgotten, the impossible
- WFMU • A radio station that bites back !
- British Library Sounds • A treasure of recordings from across the British Library’s sound archive
- Silence Radio • Colorful sound chips, from noisy poetry to sensitive documentaries and unheard-of soundscapes
- ARTE Radio • Offers a particular take on the world and on our multiple lives, through the talent of many sound writers
- In The Dark Radio • Creating a mini-revolution in the way people think about spoken-word radio…
- Radia • New and forgotten ways of making radio – International network
- Syntone • News and reviews of radio art, to discover in words what is done in sounds. A must!
Our hairy critter is always keen on discovering new sounds from all around the world. Send us the crushes, creations or recordings you’d like to hear on Phaune Radio, we’ll answer as soon as possible.
You set up a listening session or a festival, you run a workshop, you’re in charge of a radio station… And you would like to use something made by Phaune Radio. That’s lucky, everything we make is under Creative Commons and and can be downloaded for on Soundcloud as mp3 320.
Just let us know, we will be happy to spread the news and send you your selection in high quality.
Our small team of volunteers takes care of Phaune Radio in Montreal and Paris, at home. We do not yet have a dedicated studio to hosts trainees. We’re working on it!
Supporting us is easy: listen to Phaune Radio, spread the word, keep sending us all these sweet messages. You can also visit Bandcamp to download the first Phaune Box : not only do you receive an awesome album of unreleased creations, but you do also contribute to funding the radio, naming your price. Thanks !